Medical College of Georgia/University of Georgia Medical Partnership Building

Athens, Georgia

The complete renovation and modernization of a historic building located on the banks of the North Oconee River, originally constructed in 1890 as a mill and later served as a health club, night club, and a national call center. The 36,000 square foot renovated building consists of a mixture of classrooms, laboratories and administrative space. The building serves the partnership formed between the Medical College of Georgia (MCG) and the University of Georgia (UGA) to expand medical education into Athens, Georgia.