Member of the National Register of Historic Places
SDL, Engineering Nashville TN, provided structural engineering for the renovation and adaptive reuse of the historic Candler Building built in 1904. Once the tallest building in Atlanta, the 17-story office building will be Atlanta’s newest boutique hotel. In the summer of 2019, Hilton will open The Candler as its newest Curio Collection Hotel. The hotel will feature 265 rooms, a ballroom, meeting space and a fitness center. The owner of the hotel made sure that the original grand marble staircase, brass gargoyles, detailed friezes and Tiffany windows were incorporated into the renovation.
Founded in 1966, Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Ltd. (SDL) is a full-service consulting structural and civil engineering firm with offices in Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, and service offices in Tampa, Orlando, and Louisville. Our services include Structural Design, Sustainable Design, Erection Engineering, Civil Engineering Design, Seismic Assessment and Rehabilitation, Construction Administration, Peer Reviews, Renovations, Disaster Assessments and Forensic Investigations.
SDL maintains a full suite of the latest commercial analysis software as well as software developed in-house to provide the Engineering tools required for the most complicated of projects. SDL’s analytical abilities include:
- Finite element analysis
- Non-linear analysis including staged construction and cable analysis, disproportionate (progressive) collapse analysis, time-history seismic analysis, and pushover analysis.
- Analysis of all types of materials including concrete, steel, wood, masonry, foundation and retaining structures, as well as subcategories of these materials such as post-tensioned concrete, glulam beams, and composite steel structures.
SDL believes that our experience can serve the next generation of engineers by interacting with them in various ways. The firm participates in the following educational enrichment events:
- Clinton O. Rex, Visiting Professor of Practice, Advanced Steel Design, Clemson University, Spring 2018 Semester
- Senior Design Course Professional Mentor at the Georgia Institute of Technology and Vanderbilt University
- Annual Guest Lecturer at Clemson University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Institute of Technology – Savannah campus, and Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Annual SDL Fellowship at Clemson University
- ACE Mentor Program for high school students
- High school student shadowing