SDLAL provides a wide array of erection engineering services from the design of a single lifting lug to full color-coded, BIM-based staged erection plans. SDL Engineering has the capability to perform on-the-hook stability analysis, staged erection analysis, cable tensioning analysis, and other construction related design activities.
SDL works closely with the project team to determine the most cost-effective method of erection and erection sequence documentation. Services available include but are not limited to:
- Shoring design
- Connection design for temporary construction forces
- Crane layout plans (SDL provides Level 3 Certified Experts in 3D Lift Plan): Read Here
- Rigging design including lifting lug design; sizing of shackles, spreaders, chokers, and turnbuckles; custom
spreader beam design; selection of hydraulic cylinders and design of jacking assemblies.
- Stability analysis and bracing of long-span trusses
- Production of erection documents from step lists to color-coded, three dimensional erection sequence plans
- Creation of presentations illustrating the erection concept for contractors and owners